How much does data recovery cost?
The cost of data recovery varies widely from company to company. If you choose your data recovery service provider wisely it may not be as high as you may expect.
Lazarus Data Recovery pricing is as follows:
(RAID and CCTV systems are quoted on a per job basis and would need to be discussed in advance with one of the Lazarus team)
- Standard Data Recovery £140 - Rig Based recovery
- Advanced Data Recovery £270 - Extended engineering, board changes, PC3000, Firmware, micro soldering.
- Advance Plus Data Recovery £370 - Extended engineering with donor components required and chip level recoveries - Up to 4TB.
- Advance Plus Data Recovery HC £470 - Extended engineering with donor components required and chip level recoveries - Above 4TB.
Many companies in the industry are now providing a fixed pricing structure and are up front about all potential costs.
It is possible for costs to increase during the data recovery process, as other faults may present themselves after the initial assessment of the device. You should expect the company to be transparent about these costs before progressing with the data recovery.
Here are a few key points to consider:
- Be cautious of companies offering quotes and no indication of pricing. Many data recovery companies are now providing fixed pricing, so you know where you stand.
- Make sure you are clear about any hidden costs or potential price increases throughout the process.
- It is possible that you won’t be given expected pricing until your device has been evaluated. Most data recovery companies will do an evaluation for free.
- Be wary of companies charging an evaluation fee or guaranteeing recovery. Data recovery is never guaranteed, a successful outcome can only be determined once the work is complete.
See our data recovery price guide for full details.